Graphic Design – Baltimore area
Mid-Atlantic Media, an expanding media company, has opportunities for a creative designer to work with award-winning publications, weekly newspapers, news-magazines and lifestyle publications, which includes Baltimore’s Child, Baltimore Jewish Times, Baltimore Style magazine, Consumer’s Eye magazine, Frederick’s Child, Home Services, Montgomery Magazine, Washington Family, Washington Jewish Week and a host of custom media products. We strive for excellence with every issue of every publication.
We are seeking a talented designer for a fast-paced media-publishing company. This full-time position is a great opportunity for the candidate that can maintain work flow organization, display outstanding design skills, effectively communicate with sales staff and clients, and perform pre-press work. This position includes but is not limited to advertising design, web-based production and layout design. The qualified candidate must be comfortable working under tight deadlines and show the ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Work directly with the editorial staff to design editorial pages in Indesign
- Design print advertisements, track ad status
- Work directly with sales reps to design spec ads, sales sheets and promotional material
- Communicate directly with printer: generating print order, calculating ad percentage, resolving issues, communicating changes to production schedule, addressing printing concerns or errors
- Generate and maintain production schedules
- Design web advertisements, eblasts, web pages
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years minimum equivalent experience in newspaper or magazine production management
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite , Digital design software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word Press, FTP software
- Pre-press experience and experience working with commercial printers
- Efficient, detail-oriented and highly organized
- Customer service experience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Goal oriented
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 per year
Looking for a rewarding career in media?
Send your resume and cover letter to Sharon Sigelman, human resources manager:
Please include name of the job in the subject field.