Our Company, Mid-Atlantic Media is seeking an Ad Sales Consultant to join our teams. We have two offices in Baltimore and Rockville, Maryland. Our media products include Baltimore Jewish Times, Smart Shopper, Washington Jewish Week, Baltimore Style Magazine and a Custom Media division that has a portfolio of various media products.
Under the direction of the Director of Advertising Sales, the Sales Consultant will:
• Maximize advertising revenue generation by selling to print and digital focused advertising agencies and clients direct.
• Must be a sales “hunter” and aggressively manage New Business Development opportunities with key accounts and additional accounts.
• This includes seeking out and developing strategic relationships with decision makers and working directly with clients and their ad agencies to develop custom media programs to suit their specific needs.
• Managing a quota, setting goals and working with management and marketing to strategize on new business opportunities.
• Will work directly with clients on high volume face to face calls.
• Proactively communicates account and sales information to management through one on one meetings.
Through use of its exceptional assets and brand strength, the sales
consultant will prospect for new accounts to achieve local direct, digital, and non-traditional revenue streams. The sales consultant will assist clients with advertising copy and coordinating the production and scheduling of advertising in collaboration with the production team. Additional responsibility includes working with the business manager on problem accounts and collecting payment.
This position offers an existing book of business, base salary, uncapped commission and bonuses which can add up to six figure annual income upon reaching target goals. Mid-Atlantic Media offers a competitive benefits package for all full-time employees that begin 60 days after employment. Salary and commission offered. Included is medical, dental, vision, prescription, vacation and 401(K). Complete details of all plans are provided upon employment.
• 2+ years media sales experience. Skilled at initiating, managing and growing long-term and mutually profitable business relationships. Knowledge of outlook, word, excel and power point.
• Presentation skills, excellent written and oral skills, work in team environment.
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
Contact: Stephanie Shapiro
Sshapiro@midatlanticmedia.com • 410-902-2309
Positions available in Owings Mills and Rockville